Wednesday, December 4, 2013

time for poetry 9: UNTITLED


Untitled

 

My life is a mystery filled with doubt.

My heart is strong and my goals are stout.

The world may be crazy as a barking cat.

But here I know where I am at.

Many stories unfinished and love crushed cold.

My book remains untitled and old.

 

My hatred and enemies are ancient history.

My heart has left me and ran away.

My skies grow dim as a blind man’s world.

Shadows of doubt and a land of misery.

 

What loves longing is man’s greatest wish.

Within water I am but a fish.

Stars become ground beneath my feet.

Rain soars upwards in endless sheets.

Who am I? Where am I from?

To whose beat do I walk? To what drum?

Left and right merge and center.

Right and wrong begin to splinter.

 

What name can you give for a man with no love?

When you look for the ground and its up above.

When all of life hits you square on the head,

When nobody would miss you alive or dead.

 

Untitled is my luck, unending is my story.

Happiness in grey skies, and dreams of glory.

When stars shoot around and fly/.

People make wishes that are hollow lies.

Why wish for dreams and hope from skies?

It’s nothing but the madman’s lullaby.

 

What title can you give a book with no end?

How to receive e-mail with now “send”?

What name can you give a child who has died?

An untitled story remains in light.

No comments:

Post a Comment