Friday, December 13, 2013

the dark side of poetry part 6: my heart will freeze


My heart will freeze

 

Its Christmas time and the snow is here.

Bells are ringing, angels singing; the trade of hope for fear.

The moist silent air filled with a flurry of white color.

Boxes tied with bows costing millions of dollars.

A time of peace and good will to men.

Visions of sugar plums drowning children in bed.

 

All the treasure in the world means nothing to me.

Without you here; my heart will freeze.

 

This holiday cheer means nothing to me.

As long as capitalism restrains the meek.

Presents and lights simply blind reality.

A holiday with you is what I need.

 

No gifts, no gold, but a glowing tree.

By which we stand together, you and me.

 

I want a holiday full of love and jeers.

A bright snowy day with love and cheers.

Just you and I in front of the fire.

No bows and no boxes; just love and desire.

I want a holiday with warmth and love.

Where you and I smile, and snow like doves.

 

All the treasure in the world means nothing to me.

Without your love; my heart will freeze.

 

Gods and mortals fall to their knees

At the sight of this most cherished of eves.

One night a year the world unites in peace.

Aint talkin’ bout Christmas; no. holiday ease.

 

Politically correct? Uncle Sam's boot up your ass.

The world forgot the traditions, replaced love with cash.

 

All the treasure in the world means nothing to me.

Without you next to me; my heart will freeze.

 

I put up a tree in the public mall in an effort of love.

You suing me?! Here’s the proctologist’s glove.

Fuck you and your Zionist greed.

Check your privilege and count your seed.

 

Next time you call the homeless man lazy

Or the immigrants a corporate smear;

Take a look at your corruption

And BUY A DAMN MIRROR.

 

So much corruption and reckless indifference.

Caused by lack of education and unheeded ignorance.

 

All the treasure in the world means nothing to me.

Without your love; my heart will freeze.

 

I stand strong and shit on spite.

My heart is yours, no need to fight.

Death is only a second beginning

A war over possession’s and reckless sinning.

Families murdered over cars and homes.

Innocents burned by soulless drones.

 

This holiday I don’t want a treat.

No candy canes or cookies to eat.

What I want is already at my side.

All I want is you next to me, to confide.

 

All the money in the world means nothing to me.

Without you here; my heart will freeze.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment