Wednesday, December 4, 2013

time for music 4: DOWN AND DIE


Down and die

 

[PART 1]

[Opening]

[First stanza]

I open my heart; you close your mind.

I show my feelings, and you stand blind.

I could rent a theater and put on a show.

Play word for word, what you never know.

You come to me when you lose your shell;

Use me like a doormat, what the hell?!

 

[Second stanza]

Ask what I think, of you and him.

Am I nothing but a joke or whim?

A flight of fancy or a broken toy,

Fuck you and that ugly boy.

 

[Third stanza]

You never listened, you never asked.

I opened my heart and you ran past.

What I thought, what I felt; all the broken sin.

All it became was dust in the wind.

 

[First repertoire]

[Fourth stanza]

Am I the sky raining thunder?

Or the ground six feet under?

Now the land I sowed with the tears I cried

Is nothing but the madman’s lullaby.

 

[First chorus]

Do you remember that feeling we shared?

How much I cared?

Do you remember the sound of my voice?

Screaming into that empty void?

Do you remember all the things I said?

The tears I cried every night in bed?

You need my help, but I’m tired and tried.

You dug your ditch, so lie down and die.

 

[Ending chorus]

You played my heart and in the end you fold.

Five card draw, and I’m in the cold.

You try to climb the highest mountain to find the peak.

With every step you take you get weak.

I was there to catch you when you lost your feet.

At every turn and every need.

Now the bridge I used to cross your heart

Has begun to crumble apart.

 

[PART 2]

[Second opening]

[First stanza]

You dug your ditch now inside you lie.

I don’t care anymore, you and that stupid guy.

You dug so deep you woke up in china.

Now your life is a mess, you and that shitfaced liar.

 

[Spoken sentiment]

What could I think when everything I thought we had was nothing but a god damn lie?

 

[Second stanza]

You’ve gone and dug your grave,

So lie down and die.

 

[extended chorus]

Just lie down and die.

Like the angel you are, just fly, fly, fly.

Out of my heart and into the wide open sky.

My wings clipped all I can do is stand and cry.

 

[Second chorus]

As everything I loved drowns in my eyes;

Just lie down and die.

False kings lead the people with lies.

Men in prison with alibis.

The innocent are gone to fields where their hopes lie.

When all is lost only the strong survive.

The world spins in circles and the moon brings the night.

My heart is tangled inside all your lies.

 

[Second ending chorus]

When you dig your grave and bury your lies.

Just lie down and prepare to die.

Die die die…

Goodbye bye bye…

To the tears in your eyes,

This is no good goodbye.

 

[Part 3]

[First stanza]

The true nature of men, no mortal could see.

Lie, cheat, run, and steal; the things you did to me.

Face to face I cannot deny.

When I look into your eyes.

No matter how far down you go;

I will follow you and your ebb and flow.

 

[Second stanza]

I cannot rebuild my broken heart.

To many pieces, so many parts.

Watch life’s parade speeding by.

Swim through the tears the nations cry.

 

[Spoken chorus]

Yin and yang become one in the same;

When I play your little game.

 

[Third chorus]

Flying through the stratosphere I hear your voice.

The light I follow, without a choice.

Like the sun on a rainy day,

You went and blew me away.

Though you dug your grave and inside you lie;

My love will last forever, and never die.

 

[Final chorus]

Fall, fall, fall; you will fall so far.

No matter the distance no matter where you are.

You will soar downwards into god’s eye.

I have lost hope, so die, die, die.

 

[Ending chorus]

You dug your grave, now inside you lie.

Lie down and accept, its time you die.

The worlds come between us, yet I can see your eyes.

There is no future for you and I.

 

[End]

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment