Wednesday, December 4, 2013

the dark side of poetry 3: IT DOESNT MATTER


It doesn’t matter

 

Got up today, missed my class;

My roommate stole my alarm, what an ass!

The skies are cloudy, I think it might rain.

My back hurts, what a pain.

 

I missed the bus and the milk is spoiled.

My hand is burned by cooking oil.

As I open the mailbox, the key breaks inside.

I go to get dressed, and it rains outside.

I don’t care about these feeble acts.

Karmas on my side, it’s a fact.

 

A jackass in a truck tries to beat the red.

Now I’m soaked, and want his head.

 

It doesn’t matter today, I got no worries.

I begin to smile, in the stormy fury.

I’m feeling at peace, on this darkest day.

Oh how much I love the rain.

 

When I see the skies filled with grey.

It brings me joy seeing others strain.

They hope for sunlight to brighten their day.

Why can’t a tornado blow them away?

What others find annoying just makes me smile.

Knowing that they have to walk that mile.

 

A gun in my jacket, bullets fall from the skies.

The rain washes the tears from my eyes.

Grey skies are a canvass to my broken heart.

I hope they stay forever, never part.

 

I hate the sun, it’s just too bright.

I hate the moon, those starry nights.

People wish on a falling star.

I wish it hits their car.

Unpredictable is what I am.

I record on film inside the can.

 

Who looks hottest? Who wore it best?

For god sake people, GIVE IT A REST!

 

They talk out their ass about bullshit and dread.

So I turn off the TV and head to bed.

Politics full of lies and pointless tricks.

Can I not go ten minutes without seeing a dick?

Someone castrate Mr. Weiner please.

Satan take back Dick Chaney, put me at ease.

 

Why should I conform to what others think?

One day they rule, the next they lie in the drink.

Men drowning within their lies.

Caught in pointless alibis.

 

The only stars I know are in the sky.

Planes are wrong, man shouldn’t fly.

Boats sink and propane explodes.

Common sense, you think they’d know?

But still people jump off roofs to try and fly.

Gangs kill and the innocent cry.

 

Suffering picks its victims like a ruthless snake.

Slithering underneath them to take the cake.

But the cake is a lie, for at least today.

As long as the clouds don’t go away.

Grey skies bring me utmost delight.

No sun to blind me, no annoying light.

Watching people drive and follow a pattern.

The puddles to me are Rorschach splatters.

 

To the left a child being stabbed to death.

To the right a drowning man’s last breath.

In front a pet lying dead outside.

Behind a body surrounded in lies.

 

Nothing matters on this wettest of days.

The rain comes and it always stays.

My mind sits drowning in a pool of sorrow.

The sun will shine come tomorrow.

 

Time to regress, its Saturday mourning.

Time to look back and face my scourning.

When life gives me lemons, I throw them out.

Screw making juice, I’d rather scream and shout.

Throw my hands up, scream from town to town.

Shut up and rip off that frown.

 

Today I watch the clouds roll by.

Today I smile at the sunny skies.

I view all that I have, and all I lost.

I see the past, and what it cost.

 

Today I smile at the sun, shining bright.

It doesn’t matter, since I’ve seen the light.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment