Wednesday, December 4, 2013

time for poetry 7: HEARTLESS


Heartless

 

When tears rain from your eyes you only know gloom.

When they turn to icy snow, all your dreams become frozen, untrue.

The seed that grows the forest of the heart, is so easily cut down.

Love falls to the ground. You never make a sound.

 

Heartless am I.

Heartless I die.

 

Inside your eyes a man could get lost.

Beyond the soul, lies create a cost.

Run from death; scream towards life.

The price of sadness is strife.

 

The world keeps spinning, around you and I;

Hope and faith drown in the tears you cry.

 

Heartless is the endless blue sky.

Heartless am I.

 

When you look into the stars at night,

I’m looking back through the light.

I may be gone, but I am always there.

In the memories underneath your hair.

 

Asteroids and comets rocket through the air.

Make one wish; I will be there.

 

Trust is earned like a poor man’s petty cash.

The rich live on; the poor crash.

One man’s trash, another man’s dinner.

Gluttons get fat, the needy thinner.

A world of hate and burning lies.

Guilty men with alibies.

 

The hopeless ponder the streets, like a zombies eyes.

A heartless economy is where I will lie.

 

Hopes and dreams dashed, why go on?

One day they will sing your song.

Shanties and jigs flood the open seas.

Hope from faith; you to me.

 

Walking in circles you follow the line.

The social norms all defined.

To rebel is conformity, it’s what they expect.

Do what they say, it all gets wrecked.

Run from death, open arms to life.

The doctors son; he’s banged your wife.

 

Mother and father but mere words.

Santa clause a lie, buried in turds.

 

Parents the last line, in the defense of truth.

You open the door and leave the booth.

Politics in shambles and cities in ruin.

The nuclear halo; the cost of ruing.

 

Heartless is the world around you and I.

Heartless are the missiles falling from the sky.

Heartless is the death of a thousand lives.

Heartless is the hell that erupts in fire.

Heartless we have lived; heartless we have died.

Heartless I cry

Heartless. Am I.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment