Wednesday, December 4, 2013

the dark side of poetry 2: WHO I AM [EXTENDED]


 

"WHO I AM"

 

I walk the earth with a frown on my face,

but a smile on my heart.

 

I reject society’s rules,

and I hate the norm.

If you mess with a hurricane,

you’re in for a storm.

 

I am an avenger of peace,

and a soldier of fortune.

 

I let the darkness light my path.

I ride the storm in my heart, and control my wrath.

 

I am but one lost love,

seeking another.

One day I wish to unite the world,

like sisters and brothers.

 

I am a mercenary of broken hearts.

I live in a world of empty shopping carts.

 

I long to find my one true love.

I will search for eternity, till I’m up above.

I won’t give in, and I won’t change.

I am who I am and I’m not to be rearranged.

 

Don’t call me a liar, don’t call me a shame.

Or I will be the end of your lifelong game.

I’m the first to lose, and the last to win.

I don’t care about the end, only when it begins.

 

money and possessions

are but a worthless game.

Why need what I’ll leave

when they call my name?

 

I care not of death, for he’s my friend.

Come my time, I’ll take his hand.

 

It’s just who I am.

Not a fuck or a sham.

 

Lifelong quests for mercy and peace.

Cold and heartless, as a dead sheep with no fleece.

Life is what it is, and so much more.

Eternity is two walls to each door.

 

Politics, sex, glory, and fame

NOTHING!

As long as the one for me knows my name.

East, north, west, deep down south;

The word “love”; one direction they shout.

 

Many choices in the world and the skies above.

For me there is but one true love.

 

Shooting stars and distant planets afar,

A big house and fancy car,

The value of pi and two plus two;

Mean nothing as long as I have you.

 

Kindness; it’s who I am.

Love like a broken damn.

 

Embargo across the seas

Its own reflection: oh grab me.

Palindromes and circles two in the same.

Reverse direction; losers win the game.

 

Life on a wire, I cut it down.

Watching them fall, laughing like a clown.

Misery my sun, peace my moon

Laugh at me and you’re the loon.

Open skies and rainy bows

Set the table for boring shows.

 

Misery is who I am.

All for one single fucking command.

 

Cloudy days bring joy, the light burns bright.

Fearless is who I am; an undead fright.

Why listen to life preaching at my door?

Life’s a pimp, fates the whore.

 

Fuck the corporate institution

And this stupid restitution.

Death given in retribution.

The unspoken elocution.

 

Why kiss when one can fly?

The moment lived forever for you and I.

 

When life hits it hits hard.

Weeds growing out in the yard.

Love is worth it; broken AND made.

The paper heart cut by the blade.

Creation is an ultimatum.

A course of spiraled invasion.

 

It’s who I am; not your everyday story.

Open the book, feel the glory.

Every page a vendor.

A world of open splendor.

 

Who I am is one in a billion;

Wait, fuck that; seven quadrillion.

I stand beside you through thick and thin.

Stay by me if you hope to win.

I am but a lowly servant; humble and proud.

Come inquisition, I stand strong and loud.

 

Smash the ceiling made from glass,

Shove some boot up their ass.

I remain who I am and will not change.

Sleep peacefully, nightmares game.

 

Fuck the dream; I’m the night.

Who I am, it’s MY plight.

No comments:

Post a Comment