Wednesday, December 4, 2013

time for poetry 8: WHO I AM


 

"WHO I AM"

 

I walk the earth with a frown on my face,

But a smile on my heart.

 

I reject society’s rules,

and I hate the norm.

If you mess with a hurricane,

You’re in for a storm.

 

I am an avenger of peace,

And a soldier of fortune.

 

I let the darkness light my path.

I ride the storm in my heart, and control my wrath.

 

I am but one lost love,

Seeking another.

One day I wish to unite the world,

Like sisters and brothers.

 

I am a mercenary of broken hearts.

I live in a world of empty shopping carts.

 

I long to find my one true love.

I will search for eternity, till I’m up above.

I won’t give in, and I won’t change.

I am who I am and I’m not to be rearranged.

 

Don’t call me a liar, don’t call me a shame.

Or I will be the end of your lifelong game.

I’m the first to lose, and the last to win.

I don’t care about the end, only when it begins.

 

Money and possessions

Are but a worthless game.

Why need what I’ll leave

When they call my name?

 

I care not of death, for he’s my friend.

Come my time, I’ll take his hand.

 

It’s just who I am.

Not a fuck or a sham.

No comments:

Post a Comment