Tuesday, October 22, 2013

time for poetry 5: the light of my life


The light of my life


 


 “You are the light in my life, you can always cut through even the darkest night, just like the rising sun cuts through the falling moon.” 


 

But then I think of you,


You’re like a sunset that never ends.


The kind that’s always beautiful,

and never seen gray.

You are the light in my life,

you are the sunrise in my morning.

 

Your smile never fails to brighten my days,

I’d like to help you in many ways.

You are the light in my life, but sometimes you don’t see,

The light that you bring into my Heart cleanses me of all worry.

 

Even if the sky were to come down on you,

and I’m alone in the dark.

Worries and fears won’t keep back,

 I’ll be there to hold it up.

 

But sometimes the light goes out,

and the darkness wanders in.

Like the sun setting in the western sky,

soon the moon replaces the sun.

 

Always cautious, always scared,

I will always be here for you.

You’re the light of my life and soul,

I’ll respect you no matter what you do.

 

Because in the day You’re my sun, and in the night my stars.

One day I wish we could share the moon.

 

When I’ve gone off on the road to nowhere,

and cant find the way back to home.

Wishing to hear your voice, on the road I walk blind.

You are the light, you are my guide.

 

If I were to use a color to describe you,

I’d choose a rainbow,

Always colorful, like your personality, a

nd always beautiful, don’t you know?

 

Very loving, very caring,

 I’ll always be wary.

So as long as you’re the light in my life,

things wont be so scary.

 

Just the thought of seeing you happy is the only wish for me.

Cause the constant smile always on your face, is all I will ever need.

 

I’ve never taken you for granted,

I could never use you.

My words might sound slanted,

But always they will be true.

No matter whom I’ve judged on the outside,

I’ve judged you from within.

It has always been that way and always will,

I wont judge you for where you’ve been.

 

 

Cause I like you, you see,

and I want to let people know,

what a great person you could be.

 

I treat you with kindness and respect,

like any person should be treated.

I couldn’t describe the feelings for you,

You are all I ever needed.

 

Diamonds and jewelry could not compare,

 to your bright personality and beautiful face.

First, second, or third;

We’re all in the same race.

 

You are the light of my life and soul,

 I could never treat you like an object or toy.

To me you’re invaluable, as beautiful as the stars.

 

As the darkness begins to fall, I can feel it descend.  Right before it reaches the target, something comes out and pushes it back.  It’s the light of my life in all its beauty.  It’s you.
“You are the light in my life, you can always cut through even the darkest night, just like the rising sun cuts through the falling moon.” 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment