Wednesday, October 2, 2013

an ode to a friend: cause i've got a flower (overseas)

I'VE GOT A FLOWER (OVERSEAS)

Girls on the left, girls on the right;
Neither of them I need.
Sunshiney days and spirits at ease,
Cause I've got a flower (overseas).

The sun goes up, must come down.
The stars at night light the town.
The rockets red glare gives fire to the heart.
Intertwined forever, never apart.

The comets tail flows with ease.
I've got a flower (overseas).

in a cluster of thorns grows the perfect rose.
So much joy tingling in my toes.
No matter the pain or troubles I see,
No need to fret, I've got a flower (overseas).

When you fall I will be there.
See the sunshine in your hair.
What labors are lost among the stars in space.
The joy that comes when I see your face.

I wish you joy and a life of love.
That fate brings you luck from skies above.

Though we sit so far,
we can watch the sun.
Always together,
gods will be done.

Nothing left i want, have everything I need.
Cause I have a flower (overseas).

this poem is dedicated to my flower overseas. my dear friend I have known for about five years now. I have enjoyed every day that we have known each other and wouldn't trade anyone else for her. one of the best friends I have ever had and by far the one who has been with me the longest. I wish her the best of luck and hope she finishes school healthy and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment