Tuesday, October 22, 2013

time for poetry 3: i do


I do


 

I long to see the day I win,

The time my story begins,

I long for the day I pull through,

I long to say, I do.

 

I cant wait for that day,

The time she finally says,

That she wants me forever,

Right now its never,

I cant wait till I look into her eyes,

And she sees the tears as I cry,

For her love and devotion,

I would show all emotion.

 

I long to see that day to come,

The day im struck dumb,

The day I get a yes from you,

The day I say, I do.

 

She drives me up the walls,

Got me spinning like a disco ball,

Its her who brought me to where I am,

She brought me from a sham,

I no longer want to make mistakes,

While she steals and takes,

My heart.

 

I long to hear those magic words,

The day we become one wing and two birds,

The time that I get to you,

Is when I say, I do.

 

It’s a common thing for a boy to love a girl.

It just makes sense to share one world.

Join together in sweet matrimony.

always remember the alimony.

Loves first kiss is a step beyond bliss.

So theres only one thing left to list.

I waited this time forever and a day.

I only have one thing to say:

 

I do want to be with you,

I do hope you want me too,

I do love you deep,

I do want you to keep,

I do want you for eternity,

I do want you for me,

I do want you to love,

I do want this to the sky above.

 

Ive said my piece and payed my dues.

All that’s left is nothing to lose.

So whats your answer, whats the word?

Ive opened the cage and let out the bird.

Theres only one thing left to do today.

Just to hear those sweet words you say.

Just say it and I’ll be with you.

Just forget all your troubles and say,

“I do”.

No comments:

Post a Comment