Monday, January 13, 2014

the dark side of poetry 8: endless streets


Endless streets

 

Down the street I walk; not a purpose or destination.

To the left and right, lies an undead invasion.

Torn souls without a care; seeking one final institution.

A life in need of redemption and restitution.

 

The last hope for all mankind, one last hope for peace and light.

Left and right they walk idly as I find my plight.

Death comes one day for us all.

But, I, will never fall.

 

Endless is the path I follow.

Trudging onto another tomorrow.

If tomorrow is always a day away,

Then I walk on, only for today.

 

Men and women in love and glory.

A haiku of love turned to a hopeless story.

Down the street I walk, in an endless trail.

Digging deeper I go.

No shovel.

No pail.

 

I watch countless souls falling in the street.

The undead beasts ignore the meat.

Not monsters, but the walking dead.

Passing by.

Not turning even one head.

 

I look ahead and wonder where the sidewalk ends.

An endless street; no tilts or bends.

Like a puppet free from its strings, I continue on.

Down the street, like nothing’s wrong.

 

I see the skeletons of the young and the old.

Burning corpses inside the cold.

Death comes one day for us all.

But, I will NEVER fall!

 

Left and right the corpses walk.

Endless.

Eternal.

Everlasting peace.

 

IT NEVER ENDS!

THIS FUCKING STREET WITH ALL ITS SINS!

DAMN YOU GOD! What did I do?!

Do these tears that drown me mean nothing to you?

 

If misery likes company, then why does it consume the party?

Flesh ripped from bone; a death that is slow and hardy.

 

What they quest for I will never know.

I trudge step by step onwards through the snow.

Hell hath no fury like the blizzards cold.

No sin can match a selling soul.

Spoken riddles in words of old.

 

A family charges forward. Perhaps in retaliation?

Instantly devoured by this undead nation.

 

Down the street I walk.

I dare not talk.

I see what the hopeless hath become.

I must keep walking.

I will never succumb.

Left and right walk the dead and the lost.

Be it not my destiny.

No matter what the cost.

 

Endless streets, it beckons and calls.

The voices that have me climbing the walls

Death comes one day, for us all.

But, I, will never fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment