Monday, January 20, 2014

a poem for a friend 3 - five years [how about five more]


Five years

 

Five years of bread and corn.

Five years and a song is born.

Five years to confide and define.

Five years a broken heart bound by a spine.

 

When we first met I wasn’t sure.

Is it another day or destinies allure?

Little did I know that this day would finally define

What we are and my place in time.

Five years ago and now this day

Chasing airplanes and the things we say.

 

Lost inside a world of lies

Chasing reason and alibis.

 

The court hath delivered my sentence

The case open now closed.

I must follow my repentance

A verdict of forgiveness and love.

 

I watched as many a man filed to the ghastly guillotine.

Choosing the seductress and succubus and her flawless sheen.

Men who marched to their death with never a thought.

With women and cannibals simply filling the pot.

 

Five years of your open arms and chasing loves eclipse.

My ears open to the words spoken from thy lips.

 

Five years long with a smile so wide.

Always having someone to whom I confide.

Countless hours without fear and loathing;

Dances with wolves in sheep’s clothing.

Through the apocalyptic horrors inside my mind,

You became the light, therefore my guide.

The light of my life and the candle of my soul.

A flame burning for eternity, no need for coal.

 

Five years and ten thousand words.

Flight of the bumblebee and a hundred birds.

Hitchcock and Poe dancing in fields of flowers.

Sunshine and farts with superpowers.

Corporate greed is but a sterile seed.

Five years, you are all I need.

 

Your hair the sun and your eyes the skies open wide.

Your heart, the diary, inside which I could confide.

Your words build the bridge that crosses my heart.

Your trust became the foundation for my shopping cart.

The thought of your smile became my Broadway play.

I went to see it every single day.

 

Theaters across the nations would play our story.

We are king and queen in a blaze of glory.

Five years with you walking a thousand miles.

Children of the worlds lined up with smiles.

 

Five years watching your career prosper and grow.

Five years and so much to show.

Never a moment without you, even in the bitter snow.

Five years and four letters; l, o, v- oh you know J.

 

Five years together and I wouldn’t wish for change.

A world apart and home, home on the range.

 

Never a moment of sorrow when I hear the news.

The only math I need, 1+1=me plus you.

Five years and I love this life.

Five years from now and- you know the rhyme...

If I had three wishes; you, I, the world.

 

Five years and I have so much to show.

Five years of joy wouldn’t you know?

Five years on the open floor

I don’t know about you, but how about five years more?

No comments:

Post a Comment