Sunday, January 19, 2014

a poem for a friend 2 - on a shooting star of destiny [i'm going to crash]

The creed of a man trapped by destiny
 
To my one and only; please listen well.
To this story I am about to tell.
By the fiery light that sentences the denizens of hell.
By the winds that in the heavens swell.
Take these words to heart and learn them well.
When the shooting stars have burned and fell,
Listen above for heavens bells.
 
By the light inside us all
And the fall of heavens walls.
When the earth and sky have become one;
My story will be done.
 
Heed the sound of the clarions call.
And know that you will never fall.
 
Heed my words; my heartfelt creed.
Say my name and always have what you need.
I will be there in swiftness and speed,
A man trapped by destiny.
 
On a shooting star
 
When I turn over in bed and see the empty space next to me.
That’s when I think of you.
When the golden sun rises and lights the morning dew.
That’s when I think of you.
When I see children smiling and having fun.
That’s when I think of you.
When the night sky is dark and the moon hides from my wandering eyes.
That’s when I think of you.
When the snow falls and turns the world of colors into a greyscale land of wonder and mystery.
That’s when I think of you.
 
When darkness arrives and it is still too early for the dawn,
And the only light I can see is the stars in the skies.
That’s when I think of you.
When Haleys comet roars across the stratosphere
Like true love seeking two open hearts to bind together for eternity and a day.
That’s when I think of you.
When the wicked desires of the curse
Plaguing the institution of humanity arise to power.
That’s when I think of you.
 
When I look into the mirror I see your smile.
When I look into the sun I see your hair.
When I stare into the endless blue skies I see your eyes.
When I see the rain I see your tears.
 
When I see a lowly dog searching for an owner
I see myself trying to get closer to you.
 
To build that bridge to cross your heart,
To find the brick and mortar to rebuild my broken heart,
I feel like I am in an arms race to grasp your hands,
The concentric circles that revolve around the heart and soul that is my sun and my moon,
You sharpen my outlook leaving me nigh a dull outlook on life,
The unwritten book that could be our story,
I run to protect you to cover your heart and soul from life’s harsh barrage,
The blitzkrieg assault that the universe throws at us both.
 
I am your shield and you my sword
And together there is no force we cannot overcome.
I climb the mountain just to shout to you below.
A man with nothing left to lose and everything to gain,
I am a noble knight on a quest to find his purpose.
 
You are the stars in the sky
Guiding me even in the darkest of night.
All is one and one is all,
And I will catch you no matter the fall.
 
So sleep with ease and awake with a smile
Knowing that when you are my moon I am your sun.
While you rest from your hard day
I watch over you from a distance afar.
And when you wake I will be there
To greet you riding on a shooting star.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment