Saturday, April 9, 2016

the dark side of poetry 9 - the crow and i

heres something new:

"THE CROW AND I"

i was sitting by the lake with a tears in my eyes
when i hear a voice speaking right nearby
twas a crow in the high, up in the trees
who was calling in worry, calling to me

crow: what is wrong my dear friend? what troubles you?
me: i am sad my comrade, my hearts feeling blue.
crow: why must you create such oceans from your eyes?
me: because little crow, this happens when we cry.
crow: i do not understand this thing you call "tears"
me: its an expression of pain, like being burned or seared.
crow: but why must you cry on such a bright sunny day?
me: cause thats not the sun, thats fire and dismay.
the world is at an end my black feathered friend,
yesterday we lived, today it all ends.
crow: do you know what i will do when your time comes?
me: you will eat my eyes, my nose and thumbs?

crow: i have been by your side through thick and thin
i have always watched you, while you lay in your crib
i have followed you in sunshine, in rain, in snow
i have been right behind you, even when the wind did blow
i have been by your side through thick and thin
i am but your shadow, like a sinner and sin.
so when your life falls into deaths boney hand
i will defend your soul, as my last stand.
me: i saw you when i smiled, you were there when i laughed.
i saw you when my heart was filled with love.
you were there im my joy, you were there in my peace
when i slept in the fields you were soaring above.
when i cried i looked for someone to dry my tears
when i frowned i sought a mask from ear to ears.
when my heart was broken and my mind in nightmare,
i had no idea that someone was there.

crow: i have been by your side through thick and thin
me: you watched me as an infant, roosting on my crib
crow: i have followed you in sunshine, in rain, and snow
me: when i needed a boost, the winds you would blow
crow: i am your shadow
me: as sinners run before sin
crow: when your life falls into deaths boney hand
me: you will defend my soul
me AND the crow: as OUR final stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment